About the MWF
The MWF has offices in Belgium, Brazil and Hong Kong and is currently active in more than 30 countries, as well as supporting an extensive international research program. Our key areas of interest and activity include:
Research in the field of health and safety of mobile communications equipment
- The MWF's goal in research is to promote the highest quality independent research that provides relevant data to develop sound public policy. MWF funds research to answer important scientific questions. To achieve this, the MWF has responded to the research recommendations of the World Health Organization's Electromagnetic Fields Project and has coordinated its global activities to correspond with these recommendations.
- Only by enhancing the existing scientific database relating to radio frequency EMF will it be possible to perform an independent health risk assessment recognised by the scientific community as well as by Government and Statutory bodies.
National and international consensus standards
- The MWF's goal in standards is to have a globally harmonised and consistent approach to conformance and compliance tests and that all safety standards be based on the best available scientific data.
- The MWF coordinates its inputs and contributes relevant expertise within standards-setting processes.
- The MWF commissions quality research in support of standards.
- The MWF's regulatory activities are focussed on developing and presenting the views of the mobile industry to regulatory agencies and authorities in a globally coordinated manner.
- The MWF also responds to requests for information, or assistance, by national and international bodies in relation to the safety of wireless technology, accessibility and environmental issues.
- The MWF's communications activity is designed to provide high quality public information and analysis on the safety of wireless technology, accessibility and environmental issues.
- The MWF supports national trade associations by providing a source of information that is based on the pooled resources and networks of our member companies.